Mara in Chile

Mara in Chile
Click for more photos (Facebook Album 3)

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hostel Improvement/Spring Cleaning


We have been preparing for the change of seasons here at Paradise Pucón.
Yesterday I scrubbed the patio furniture with steel wool to prepare for a new paint job. I realized I was probably breathing latex dust, so I improvised. Leo said I looked like a terrorist and pretended to be scared of me the whole afternoon. He's a kooky guy.

The Pucón printer guy came by yesterday, and he is also a photographer and designer. I felt semi-territorial over the project, but held my tongue when Gloria supported his idea to create a composite photo of the hostel with the sign in front and the volcano. However, when he emailed her something that looked like an elementary school craft project, I admitted that it looked a bit obvious. Gloria and I shared a laugh over his amateur cut and paste job and decided to do it ourselves.
Today we set up the hammocks, rearranged the garden, and had a photo-shoot with our two guests to update the website and continue improving the never-ending poster.




Ivano is adorable, but smells absolutely awful-

Gloria wanted just her boots and hat-

Gloria and Leo in the garden-

And to top it all off, sunset over the lake-

No comments:

Post a Comment