Mara in Chile

Mara in Chile
Click for more photos (Facebook Album 3)

Friday, September 10, 2010

Tinges of Homesick

In addition to the obvious people, I am missing:
1) Zoe love
2) burritos
3) Ben and Jerry's
4) Dolores Park
5) hills
6) watching Giants games on TV, not the computer
7) watching Giants games not by myself
8) Yarrow's eggs
9) swings
10) going out with friends

I should/could:
1) play with the dogs here, but they smell
2) make myself a burrito (I made a quesadilla tonight)
3) go buy Chilean ice cream
4) go read my book in the main park in town
5) go climb a mountain or something
6) see if there are any sports bars in town, and appreciate that at least I can semi-watch them, or pay $20 for MLB.TV
7) appreciate that I can "watch" the games with people on Skype sometimes
8) acknowledge that I probably can't truly taste the difference between his and the ones here
9) okay, so I can't swing. I'm rock-climbing, skiing, mountain-biking, volcano hiking, snow-shoeing....stop complaining.
10) go out more and maybe I'll make some friends to go out with, or do what I said I would do and study for the GREs

I am grateful for:
a) not really having a time I must wake up most mornings
b) fresh bread and great avocado
c) time to blog/look through photos
d) speaking Spanish
e) free phone calls from Gmail
f) hot showers (sorry, Ghana)
g) Mogul Momma is coming to visit!!!!!! She officially booked her plane ticket today!
h) Even if Rael can't come, that means the Giants are doing well, which is great!
i) not being stuck in an office
j) Gloria is a sweetheart
k) Runa's company, although she ran away last night :(
l) the way that lists always help me clear my head

Ta-da! Homesickness basically gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment