Mara in Chile

Mara in Chile
Click for more photos (Facebook Album 3)

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Termas Los Pozones

Sure enough, I woke up at 7:30 and was immediately told to go back to sleep. Rain rain rain all night, so no Huerquehue for the ladies. I re-awoke an hour later and set up breakfast. Fabi woke first, then the others in stages. I sat with them and chatted, although I had eaten earlier. I loved it. I wondered whether the ladies would find it at all uncomfortable that I was serving them, after hanging out more as friends the previous day and night, but the transition was seamless. I told Gloria I would like to help out with breakfast more mornings.

And, during breakfast, Paula (Spanish lady from the waterfall who I gave a business card to) came by to check things out and see if we had room for her. She is the final guest to make us officially completely booked up!
With the rain, the only real option was hotsprings. ¡Qué pena! We considered going to some Japanese style ones that are quite far and more expensive, but we ended up taking the public bus to Los Pozones, where I had driven to with the folks from the hostel next door. Last time, I went at night with Chantelle and 3 guys and we each brought a 6-pack or so of cerveza. This time, we considered bringing wine but forgot. Even so, very nice. Relaxing, beautiful, wonderful.




Upon returning to Paradise, I was told that 4 Americans had arrived and I should talk to them about activities. Done and done. I love the role that I have fallen into. I love being part of the hospitality of the place. I love the reputation that Paradise has, and I love that it is cheaper than most places that don't even offer breakfast. I believe in the hostel, which makes me even more excited to do my job well.

No comments:

Post a Comment