Mara in Chile

Mara in Chile
Click for more photos (Facebook Album 3)

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Brief Break from Adventure


I've been laying low the last couple of days, partly because I am fighting a cold and partly because I'm unsure of my obligation to stay at the hostel during the day. When I am given a task, I do it, but there aren't many tasks to be done. When there are people around, I am busier, but right now there aren't any. More should be arriving this week though.

I found some nice travel-inspired quotes, so I thought I would share them:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou

“I should like to spend the whole of my life in traveling abroad, if I could anywhere borrow another life to spend afterwards at home.” – William Hazlitt

“We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open.” – Jawaharial Nehru

“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher Hershey

No comments:

Post a Comment