Mara in Chile

Mara in Chile
Click for more photos (Facebook Album 3)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Valle Nevado






Today I went skiing on the Andes. I have to keep repeating that to myself because it still sounds so cool and because it was so cool. It was Spring skiing, to sum it all up. Not enough snow (they might have only gotten a few meters the whole winter season), crunchy in the morning, and softening up in the afternoon. I can only imagine how amazing this mountain would be if it were fully covered. I skied with Daniel and a girl from Montana who was working in Patagonia for a few months. We did the mountain justice. Because there wasn't much snow, I just went really fast to keep myself entertained. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and I stripped down a few layers at lunch. My new 80s one-piece was great. I used a T-bar, and a platter-pull for the first time in a very long time. Of course, the surroundings were breathtaking. Mountains all around. To call them snow-covered would be an exaggeration, but they were certainly snowed on and very pretty.
I'm still not sure when I'm leaving Santiago. Daniel doesn't seem in a rush to get me down there, because he is printing flyers to distribute in Santiago, but I don't really want to spend a bunch of money on lodging in Santiago. Food isn't expensive, and my bed in the dorm is only $7 per night, but that will add up.
Two problems: 1) the outlet converter I bought is 2 prong while my laptop charger is 3 prong. I hope I can find another converter because I highly doubt I will find a US 2 to 3 prong converter separately. 2) My cell phone won't make international calls.
Of course I already miss home, but I knew I would. I just remind myself what an incredible opportunity this is and how lucky I am to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment