Mara in Chile

Mara in Chile
Click for more photos (Facebook Album 3)

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Exploring and Wandering Pucón

I wasn't going to write anything today, but my Mom said she gets disappointed when I don't. I don't like to disappoint.

I prepared breakfast at 7:15 for 3 Israelis leaving to hike Huerquehue and later for the 2 Americans. I told the Americans about the bike ride to Ojos del Caburgua, and they went off to do it. I hung around with Runa for a bit, on email etc.


I worked more on the poster, swapping photos, perfecting layout, and consulting Gloria for approval. I am part of the group in a photo of volcano climbers, and I am in the photo we are using for the hot-springs. As Jericho said, now I can add graphic designer, photographer, PR, and model to my resumé.
I decided to go for a walk around town. I wandered down the main street of restaurants, checking out menus. I went to the post office. I went into an artisan market and bought myself sheepskin slippers, local honey, and a few other trinkets.

Look, really big cool yarn!-

I crossed the main street of town and kept going towards the volcano. I saw a monastery on a hill, so I walked towards it. I arrived at the Pucón cemetery, climbed up a hill, and found a statue and very nice views.


I got hungry. I walked back to the burrito place that had been closed yesterday. Victory! Delicioso! Thumbs up!



I walked to the main beach on the lake. I watched people fly kites and a little boy marvel over a horse.

I walked past a cool view of the volcano and had a photoshoot of myself.


I walked back to the hostel, looked at all of my photos, watched the Giants game (13-0!), chatted with the 2 Americans teaching in Santiago about their day, worked more on the poster, and discovered that there is a huge ski competition on Villarrica this weekend that I need to find a way to get tickets for.

Good morning, Mom! Enjoy your coffee! See you in 3 1/2 weeks!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment